Saturday, October 07, 2006

Box of assorted creams

No, this blog isn't talking about a woman of ill repute, nor one of the several girls from Alcatraz days whom a few of us know well. Not that well though.

Rather, I realise that I've been shying away from blogdom posting recently, and I'm even getting outshone by old Ten Bears. Hence I thought that I should try to blog this weekend. I think that I didn't blog as I was scared that it would turn into a cathartic rant as often advocated by Moon, as witnessed here, here and here

The problem is though, aside from ranting, there's not really much to say. I'll talk about various things therefore, none of which are particularly interesting. Some of it might be ranty.

Firstly, surely this song is just wrong ?

I fly to SanFrandisco next weekend for a conference. However, that means I've got to design one poster and prepare a seperate talk. I also have tons of other stuff to do, none of which I can be arsed to do. Following my week in SF, I have 5 days until the wife flies back home for good, as she can't bear it in this shitpit any longer. Instead of talking to one person in Florida, I'll sit in the quiet.

I am getting the chance to regain some sanity however as I'm coming home for a week in Early Nov to present a paper (another poster) at Bobfest 07. It will be good to get home. The cost of this comes in the form of $1250 for the flights/registration fee. My boss is going, but he wouldn't pay for my trip. C'est la fucking vie. Following that, I'm coming back to whorlando, floriduh until I secure myself another job.

I was told I needed to sign onto a pension plan whilst here, even though they knew I was here on a temporary visa. It's accumulated $5k since I've been here. I figured that I'd withdraw it before I left and use what is remaining (after the penalties for taking it out) for my plane fare and shipping stuff home. However, like everything here, this can't happen. Apparently I can only leave it here until i'm 65... Oh, and remember me writing the car off 3 months ago? (I don't know if I told you or not).. Well we bought and old one, but now that is buggered too. Hence, after we've taken the rental car back, I'll be living here, alone, in this place where a car is desperately needed, without a car. Bonza.

Speaking of jobs..... A former colleague/friend did a great job in fucking up an interview for me a couple of weeks ago (though I admit I was gash too). Not too pleased with that one. Got two more applications in at the moment, as well as the other job that I was interviewed for in May. I can't describe the feeling I get every morning when I open up my e-mither box and there is fuck all in it RE jobs.

P is currently packing boxes to send back to the UK. I've finished my last bottle of broon. Was going to watch the England match on tele but they aren't showing it. Arse.

Quite the rant eh? To be honest I've now forgotten what else I was going to say. Perhaps I'll end it here, and try to think of something more entertaining tonight. I might blog again then, if I do..

6 Comments:

Blogger Moon said...

Bloody hell! Sorry to hear all that. On the plus side, though:
You are very good at ranting. You can join my club.
You might get to schmooze a little more with Alcatrazian girls in SF.
SF - should be ace!
And home in Nov. Let's get pissed.
Sorry can't offer anything more valuable re: jobs. Could say something like "hang in there, son..." but it's not great advice, I know. Perhaps carry out some psychotic act of violence in the hope of being sent away? Or give OU a try?

12:19 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

Not quite Moon, as Alcatraz = Alsager (the uni that me, fordy and ten bears (jonjimbob)went to...

SF will be arse as don't have any cash, and going with a load of people that I don't like.

November - you have a plan.

Open Uni? They don't have any jobs going..

6:24 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

No they don't but it may be worth putting in an application. I have been advised to do it before at random times (by OU staff). I think they usually recruit around January time, or a bit before.

Well whilst in SF ignore the people you don't like and blow all your cash on getting pissed one night.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

I'd rather spend most amounts going to see an Edward Weston exhibition, and save the rest to get bollocksed in Leeds. I'll need a dogshelf to kip on though...

2:18 PM  
Blogger frankien said...

you didnt miss much with the England match. Scotland was a better bet. round here, people think theyve won the world cup.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

They won't once the special brew wears off... Oooofff..

3:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home