Monday, July 03, 2006

Rules of composition

Apparently one of the rules of composition when taking portraits (pronounced here, rather annoying, as ‘portrets’) is the use of “dynamic diagonal lines”.


Some of them do talk shite. I always thought dynamic referred to movement. They also talk about lines ‘creating tension’ etc. I wish they’d just accept that it’s all subjective.


Anyway, here was my attempt at doing just that.



In an 'I confess to watching a chickflick' disclosure, we went to watch The devil wears Prada' last night. It's actually pretty funny, and helped by this adorable girl in the lead role. I think that as I think both her and Audrey Tautou are very attractive, I must be attracted to the Audrey Hepburn of old...

Oh and finally, I'm incredibly pleased to say that someone at work has now shown others my blog, so I won't be discussing anything work-related here. You all have my messenger details should you want to do that.

17 Comments:

Blogger Tombola said...

fucking nora G! did you really do that or is that camera trickery? Get thee to a surgery!

I tried to pierce my ear with a badge once while in a nightclub. I failed to acheive push through (one for the Viz readers there), but I did bleed all over the place.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Tombola said...

PS
That woman looks like Cat Deeley.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Tombola said...

PPS
which in my eyes, is no bad thing

9:56 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

It's natural isn't it... I've had my nose pierced for 10 years, it's just that you've never seen me with a ring in it.... Paula was sewing and I was bored.

Comparing her to Cat Deeley is like comparing Brad Pitt to Neil 'lights out' Lowley.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Tombola said...

was she sewing your eyes shut so that you can't see the Deeley resemblance?

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tombola said...

I've just realised - is that the bird from the Princess Diaries? She's a cutie!

2:38 AM  
Blogger - said...

That's a fantastic picture of you Gaz. I really like it, well-composed or otherwise.

I'll throw my hat in the ring and say she doesn't look like Cat Deeley, though when Tom suggested she did, I had to go back and check... before I realised that she doesn't look anything like her.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

Thanks Shak. I have to confess that I took it using P's digital piece of plastic. However, as with any camera, the key isn't how good the camera is (or the number of megapixels, as most seem to subscribe to these days), but learning how to use it...

You do have a good eye Ak as she does indeed look nothing like her. She's ver ver ver nice.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

I'm afraid she does look like Deeley, though a healthier version. Hello all, by the way. Apologies for recent absences from the world of blog.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

Watch the film. You will then be very embarassed as you see the error in your judgement.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Tombola said...

Moon - hurrah!

2:10 AM  
Blogger frankien said...

I did know you had a piercing there, as it used to amuse me if you remember, and I would insist that you wore the ring. I am concerned about what you have put through it in the picture- I hope that you sterilised it first. do you think the girl knew her top was a bit see-through? I think not, and that rather it was a result of the camera flash.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

I suspect she blamed the latter but knew the former, as most red-carpet mishaps are these days.

No I can't remember u teasing me about it. I never wore it at Leeds, so that put me off starting to wear it.

Watched Bareback Mountain yesterday. Though she (it's Anne Hathaway, by the way) looks rough in it, she does get her waps out, which is of course a bonus in a film otherwise full of manlove.

8:58 AM  
Blogger frankien said...

wasnt shakespeares missus called Anne Hathaway?

2:06 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

Yes. This is (obviously) not the same one.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

16 comments!

6:11 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

PS Just because some of us are on holiday, it doesn't mean that you cats can't write more blog entries. I need something to read when I get internet access!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home