Saturday, October 28, 2006

Silly names (part 2)

Yet more silly names for your perusal...



I've realised why there are so many silly names, and it's because we have sexual euphemisms for more or less every word..... For instance in San Francisco airport they have a 'Palm store'. This isn't a shop dealing in bongo mags, it's actually for mobile phones. However, to us Brits it's quite amusing. Or perhaps I just have issues. Oh, and just to show that it's not just shop names that can be funny, have a look at this message I got from a seller on ebay. Poor lad.

9 Comments:

Blogger frankien said...

which shoes did you go for in the end?

7:08 AM  
Blogger Lord G said...

18 hole dockers.

3:37 PM  
Blogger frankien said...

I had rainbow stitch doc martens. how girly!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Tombola said...

Is that like Rainbow Brite? My friend used to fancy Rainbow Brite.

1:54 AM  
Blogger frankien said...

Rainbow stitch doc martens were like rainbow brite in that they involved different colours, a bit like the rainbow. I dont think that they had any other shared associations.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

It's cherry red DMs all the way I'm afraid. With beads on the funky laces. That's what made the 90s cool.

2:51 PM  
Blogger - said...

I preferred the standard issue black boot with national front connotations. Great for kicking 'darkies' in with.

1:30 AM  
Blogger Tombola said...

I associated them with ladies who are skilled in the art of lesbonics.

4:42 AM  
Blogger Moon said...

time for a new blog!!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home